Friday, April 30, 2010

15 1/2 weeks and counting

It is crazy to think that I am already 15 weeks along. Some days it doesn't even feel real to me. I must admit that seeing the baby on the 13 week ultrasound was incredible. As it turns out, both my husband and I came down with a wicked case of the stomach flu on the day before our ultrasound was scheduled. I was up all night praying to the porcelain god. By 8am I knew that I had to try and consume and entire litre of water and keep it down.

As I lay on the table any thoughts of sickness vanished as soon as I saw our precious little bean. The poor little baby was not being very cooperative for our sonographer that day as s/he was fast asleep. I guess mommy kept him/her up all night with trips to the bathroom. The sonographer apologised but in order to get a specific picture she was going to have to press down hard on my belly with the ultrasound wand. At this point I could feel the litre of water gurgling around in my stomach looking for an escape..and in a non-traditional route.

After a few minutes of her prodding and me trying my best not to vomit, the baby repositioned him/herself and extended his/her arm in front of the mouth  almost as if to block a yawn ''are we done yet so I can get back to sleep?'' At this point in the pregnancy, the baby was measuring right on target at around 3inches. it is amazing to think that something so small can already be making such a huge impact in my life. I wish I could see my little bean every single day.

No comments:

Post a Comment