Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Bliss

After a very anguishing morning, the phone finally rang at 2pm in the middle of my french class. The nurse calmly asked me if I had a quiet place to talk. My heart sunk. This was it.


''I have great news. Congratulations!''

RELIEF

Despite having taken a positive home pregnancy test on Sunday, I could not truly believe it until I had official confirmation from the doctor.
The testing all went down at my in-laws house this past Sunday morning. I had to pee from 5am onwards but managed to hold it in until I could see the faintest light peeking through the windows. I crept downstairs to check the time. 6:30 a.m. I couldn't hold it in any longer. I went to the bathroom and fumbled with the packaging. I was sure my husband would wake up. The test said the results would come back within 3 minutes. When I saw the test was positive I began to cry. How was I supposed to hold this information in? I flicked on the lights, shook my husband, tears streaming down my face and got to say the words we have both wanted to hear for so long. I'm pregnant!

The official confirmation was a huge relief. My beta came back at 1493! The nurse even chuckled and told me that I was VERY pregnant. Perhaps it's possible that both of my little beans have decided to snuggle in until October?  Only time will tell but in the meantime, I am going to thoroughly enjoy this bliss.


2 comments:

  1. I just wanted to say congratulations!
    We are starting our first round of ivf at the OFC this week :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Also, great blog. It's nice knowing I'm not alone. I hope things work out for us as well.

    ReplyDelete