Monday, October 12, 2009

Giving Thanks

It is Thanksgiving Day. In quiet times I think of all the blessings in my life. Despite this roller coaster of a year, with more dips than peaks, there are still so many things in my life to be thankful for. I am thankful for my wonderful family who support me always and are only a phone call away. I am thankful for my friends, new and old ,who have made this journey bearable by reminding me that life is good through the wonderful moments we have shared. I am thankful for my cat and dog who give unconditional love and bring a smile to my face every single day. I am thankful for husband who stands beside me and knows that this experience will not break us but only make us stronger.

It seems like a dream that by Thanksgiving next year I could be a mother to be. Until then I simply ask-

God grant me the serenity

To accept the things I cannot change;
Courage to change the things I can;
And wisdom to know the difference

Happy Thanksgiving to all my fellow Canadians.

No comments:

Post a Comment