Monday, April 30, 2012

T is for trigger

So in spite of a few brief meltdowns over the weekend and wishing I had never signed up for IUI in the first place, we have quickly reached trigger day after 9 days on Puregon Stims. It's a good thing too because I am definitely feeling bloated. Last night I literally could feel my ovaries.

At my ultrasound yesterday there were 3 follicles still in the race with the smallest being at 14.5mm but likely to catch up in time for the IUI (on  Wednesday).

In the middle of all of this craziness, my husband and I are in the process of putting our house on the market because our new home is conditonal on the sale of the current one. So this weekend we spent every waking second getting our house ready to list this week.

It's an awful thing to think but I almost feel like this cycle is already a bust. We have had lowered counts and I am stressed beyond belief. There was a temptation to cancel the cycle but after buying approximately $1000 worth of fertility drugs I figured we may as well proceed.

Who knows maybe we will even find some luck amidst the chaos.


No comments:

Post a Comment